WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the INDYQUEST ADVENTURE RACE, the undersigned:
- Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
- Acknowledge that this is a strenuous athletic event. I certify that I have no physical or medical condition which would interfere with my participation in the INDYQUEST ADVENTURE RACE and that I have trained adequately for this race.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the volunteers and organizers of this event, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees”, from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
- Acknowledge, appreciate and agree the risk of injury from the activities involved in the INDYQUEST ADVENTURE RACE is significant and includes, but is not limited to, the following: sprains, strains, falling, fractures, heat stroke, other heat and cold injuries, over-use syndrome, injuries involving vehicles, animal bites and stings, contact with poisonous plants, acts of God, and the potential for permanent paralysis and death. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiking, running, and stair climbing. While particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IFARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume the full responsibility for my participation.
- Understand that the event will be held rain or shine in unpredictable weather conditions. Weather may affect the safety level of the various event activities. Participants are strongly encouraged to carry their own personal medical insurance and understand that in the event of needing medical assistance they shoulder the full liability for such costs. The Releasees reserve the right to postpone, cancel, or modify the event due to weather conditions or other factors beyond the control of the releasees, which might affect the health or safety of the participants. No refunds will be granted.
- Grant permission for the use of my name and or likeness related to my participation in any event conducted by IndyQuest Adventure Race, NVents Designs LLC, or AdventureWorks, LLC. I also grant the use of my voice and any and all recorded and or filmed/video/photographed footage of me, and further waive all of my rights to any compensation, as a result of my name or likeness being used in any way.
In submitting this entry,I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO SUE IndyQuest Adventure Race, One Indiana Square Associates, McKnight Property Management theConsolidated City of Indianapolis, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, or any resulting expense or cost WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This applies to the above stated entities and individuals while participating and/or working within the event’s geographical parameters; including pre-event setup and post-event breakdown and any other event-related activities.
UNDER 18: AS A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF THE BELOW NAMED MINOR, I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE ABOVE DOCUMENT, THAT I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR MY CHILD OR WARD TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INDYQUEST ADVENTURE RACE AND THAT I AGREE ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY CHILD/WARD TO THE TERMS OF THIS DOCUMENT.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTANDING THAT I/WE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.